Imperfect Mom




Sometimes I feel so inadequate as a mother. I'll never be the mother that my own mother was. You know, the mother that bakes the cupcakes for the school party, helps chaperone the school trips to the zoo, has a healthy afterschool snack and then a hot supper on the table.

Me, I'm the mom that forgets to send back permission slips, or signed report cards. The one that has to be reminded by her children calling her at work that tonight is the Open House night for the parents at school. And then I'm that mom whose car screeches into the school parking lot 10 minutes before the Open House is over and most of the teachers already gone. The mom that grabs take out on the way home from work for supper.
My children know I love them though. I need to accept that I'm not perfect and have faith that this crazy busy life we have all works out in the end.

~The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise~Alden Nowlan

Comments

Popular Posts